Sound Design for Visual Media
Master Industry-Level Sound Design Techniques in 12 Months
A VFS Sound Design for Visual Media Education
- A diploma in Sound Design for Visual Media
- A personal demo reel and lifetime access to the online VFS sound effects library
- Industry connections that will help guide your career
- Access to the VFS alumni directory and job board
- Accelerated 2 to 3-year diploma, bachelor's, and master’s degree pathway options with partnered higher education institutions
- A lifetime network of creative professionals
Specializations and Careers
Alumni Success Stories
Vancouver Film School alumni are some of the most successful professionals in the design industry, and have worked on:
- Star Wars
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Big Hero 6
- Call of Duty
- Mass Effect 3
- Captain America
Six Terms. One Goal:
Master Sound Design and Audio Engineering.
Discover the current industry practices in sound design & audio engineering and familiarize yourself with the main tool of the industry, Pro Tools.
Implement concepts, theory, and tools from the previous term in projects that involve editing background audio, foley, dialogue, and sound effects.
Explore more complex techniques & concepts and gain practical knowledge in game audio while working on a Game Design-created game.
Expand on your skill set with practical knowledge, while working on a film with students from VFS’s Film Production program and a game with students from VFS’s Game Design program.
Become more self-directed as you delve deeper into sound design for film and game audio.
Present your final portfolio work to an industry panel for feedback and industry prep training to direct your path after graduation.